07 May Taste: A Night at The Crow Museum Event
By Olivia Wilmsen, Buzz Team Member
The Dallas Junior Chamber’s 16th Annual TASTE event on May 13th at the Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art Museum will give you a Taste that is one of a kind—inspired with culture, music, light bites and of course…wine.
Guests are invited to sample wine, whiskey and beer from around the world as they explore the museum and enjoy entertainment by Special Guest, Radu Jon, aka the Violin Guy®.
- Premier Wine for around the World provided by Dallas Fine Wine & Spirits
- Award winning Whiskey tasting provided by Ironroot Republic
- Local Beer from Andrews Distributing
- Hors d’oeuvre will be served by LUSH Catering
- Valet Service Provided
- Silent Auction
Date, Time & Location Details:
Saturday, May 13th
Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art Museum:
2010 Flora St.
Dallas, Texas 75201
What to Expect:
Get a TASTE from the featured art at The Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art Museum.
The Trammell & Margaret Crow Collection of Asian Art Museum is dedicated to the arts and cultures of China, Japan, India and Southeast Asia. The permanent collection of the Crow Collection of Asian Art is comprised of a large number of various types of Jade objects from the Qing dynasty.
TASTE of Entertainment
Radu Jon, The Violin Guy® will perform sounds of his newest and greatest solo pop songs. The Violin Guy® sings twelve languages and plays four instruments. Experience Radu Jon rocking out on his very own handmade original electric instruments and Laser Instrument Show. You’re in for a treat!
TASTE Wine from “Around the World”
Experience the grape palates from Texas, Oregon, California then move on to France, Italy and South Africa on to Argentina, New Zealand and Japan. Whiskey and beer lovers, we’ve got you covered, too!
- Sawa Sawa Sparkling Sake – Japan
- Rio Seco Chardonnay – Argentina
- Stella Pinot Grigio – Italy
- Fuchsia White Blend – California
- Chateau Baudac – Bordeaux, France
- Chateau Du Donjon Rose – Minervois, France
- L’Conti Blanquette de Limour – France, Sparkling Wine
- Benton Lane Rose – Oregon
- Indaba Chardonnay – South Africa
- Eco Love Riesling – New Zealand
TASTE Menu – LUSH Catering
- Spicy Asian beef meatball on bistro fork
- Sweet soy pulled chicken in wonton cup w/ sweet chili sauce
- Spinach & parmesan stuffed mushrooms
- Ricotta and fig jam on brioche toast garnished w/ lemon zest
- Coconut Snowballs
- Mini Chocolate Truffles
- Ice Tea
TASTE Proceeds Benefit
Proceeds from TASTE will go to the Dallas Junior Chamber of Commerce to continue supporting the American Foundation for the Blind, Jonathan’s Place, the Johnny Sides Rookie of the Year Award Gala and other philanthropic events throughout the year.
Buy Your TASTE Tickets
- $75 for Non-DJCC Members
- $50 for Active DJCC Members (discount!)
Go to DJCCTaste.com. If you’re interested in volunteering, tickets are half-off (another bargain). Members: be sure to use your code to earn the discount.
Don’t know your code? Email Sarah Kelly, SVP of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cocktail Attire Required